Table of Contents
Romania is a European country that has become a popular destination for big companies to run their businesses. Only a small percentage of them choose to seek IT software development services in Romania. However, this is a huge mistake, since over 130k IT specialists work in this country, and these are the professionals who play a significant role in outsourcing and software development nowadays.
If you analyze the current software development market, you may be surprised to discover that Romania is in the top 5 countries that provide modern companies with IT professionals in Europe. Does this mean that you should also consider hiring software developers in Romania? Keep reading to find out why this is a good idea and how to implement it into reality both quickly and easily!
Romania’s IT market: quick figures
More and more companies now consider Romania a favorable software development outsourcing location since there are convincing reasons for this. This country is a member of the EU and borders many other countries, making it easy to access. There is a minimal time difference and a cheaper labor force here, as compared to other European countries.
Moreover, the statistics regarding the Romanian IT market are awe-inspiring, so have a look at the following:
- The number of IT specialists has already surpassed the 130k threshold.
- Over 27,000 companies are working in Romania.
- More than 10,000 tech graduates finish Romanian universities and colleges every year.
- 0% income tax for software engineers and R&D employees.
- The salaries in the IT industry of Romania are twice and sometimes even 5 times lower than in the US.
- There is constant growth in the IT sector of Romania, equal to 14.3% a year.
- The IT industry contributes more than 6% of the country’s GDP, and experts predict this figure will double by 2025.
- The number of outsourcing companies is nearly 700.
- Over 90% of Romanian developers have an advanced level of English.
- The IT services market revenue is projected to reach $956 million in 2023.
All of this proves that IT software development in Romania is developing with incredible speed, so it shouldn’t be neglected by the world’s leading businesses.
Why Romania is an attractive country to hire a development team in 2023
You can obviously see that this country is an attractive outsourcing location, but why should you outsource software development to Romania this year?
There are several reasons for this:
- A vast pool of IT talent. The current number of software developers in Romania is over 100k, and this number increases by at least 10,000 university graduates annually.
- Lower cost of services with high quality performance. There is a competitive IT market here with relatively affordable rates, which are twice or even much lower than their US counterparts, with the equivalent level of quality work.
- Ease of access. being a neighbor of 7 European countries, Romania is only two-three hours away from other countries on this continent, so it can be easily accessed from almost any location and offers excellent business connectivity.
- Economic stability. Many entrepreneurs choose Romania to run their businesses because it has a fast-developing economy and an attractive tax system for IT employees and R&D companies, which makes it a tax haven for foreign companies. Romania belongs in the top 5 countries with the most rapid economic growth.
Reasons to take advantage of Software Development in Romania
Regarding software development, finding a dedicated team in Romania can be one of the most critical tasks for you to succeed in your developmental goals. However, since there are many countries where businesses can benefit from a robust technical sector, it is necessary to focus on why it is worth choosing Romania among them.
There are several reasons to hire Romanian developers:
- Excellent education and preparation. 26 Romanian universities with deep technical expertise offer various IT programs and prepare knowledgeable graduates who can compete with experienced developers from more expensive regions.
- Existing tech hubs that give you access to their vital experience. Romania has offices of global software development companies such as Amazon, IBM, and Zitec, as well as multiple R&D centers such as the London Stock Exchange Group, Viavi, Huawei, Capgemini, and Samsung, that allow local talents to gain valuable practical knowledge.
- Romanian developers’ proficiency in foreign languages. 99% of local children study foreign languages, so there is a widespread knowledge of English, which is the language of the IT sphere. Romania takes 17th place according to the EF English Proficiency Index.
These are just a few of the major benefits of software development in Romania that make it clear why getting talents here is the best bet!
Comparative Analysis of the Cost of Software Development in Romania
What are the primary considerations by a company when it plans to hire a developer? You might say that there are many factors, but the key elements are still the quality of work and the cost. Romanian software developers offer much lower rates than IT specialists from other European and Western countries. What is implied in the word ‘cheaper’? Naturally, it is necessary to look at real numbers, and you can do that below! However, keep in mind that these rates may change due to fluctuations in the market and an incessantly growing demand for tech experts, though the difference in percentages will still remain applicable.
Romanian developer salaries based on expertise level
The average salary of a software developer in Romania is $3,620 a month, which is $43,440 a year according to Glassdoor. However, there is a difference in payment depending on the level of expertise this professional has.
When it comes to hourly rates and their difference with the US market, the main consumer of tech services, you might be surprised to see how much more affordable IT software development in Romania is according to SalaryExplorer.
Romanian developer salaries by programming languages
You can see that outsourcing in Romania is really more cost-efficient, and this difference can be observed not only when it comes to the US specialists’ rates. For example, an iOS developer in Romania receives around $25,500 a year, while the same specialists from Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, or Ukraine have a salary of about $43,500-$46,000, which is almost twice as much! This fact makes it clear why the Romanian market of IT talents is getting more attractive to prospective employers every day!
Tech Education in Romania
Romania belongs to the emerging innovators of Europe, having one of the fastest-growing IT markets, and one of the things to contribute to that fact is naturally the quality and accessibility of Romanian tech education. Local universities and colleges not only promote IT literacy among students, which has already reached 75%, and there are powerful educational hubs that allow for them taking their tech knowledge and skills to a really high level. For example, engineering is taught in 26 universities, and the degrees received there are highly recognized in Europe and all around the world. Some educational institutions have even received worldwide fam.
The top 5 best universities in Romania to get a high-level tech qualification:
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
- Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Politehnica University of Bucharest
- Babes-Bolyai University
Such a high level of tech education is another reason to look for IT talents in Romania!
The Future of Software Development in Romania
Software development in Romania is continually growing, and this is confirmed by statistical data. The revenue of this software market has already reached $3.4 billion in 2023, and it is expected to show an annual growth of 6.65%, resulting in a market volume of $4.8 billion by 2028.
These numbers show that IT in Romania is developing at an incredible speed, and you can see that by analyzing the current market. The country is experiencing a startup boom at the moment. In only the first two quarters of 2021, local startups have received 60 investment rounds worth over $96 million. Now there are over 1,500 startups, business angels, PEs, and VCs.
Another positive index is the growth of foreign direct investments in Romania, which rose to €10.7 billion in 2022, so now you can see many of the world-renowned IT companies having departments in this country as well.
Best practices for hiring development teams in Romania
If you come up with the idea of hiring software developers in Romania, which sounds very attractive and profitable, have a look at the best practices and tips to consider for the utmost success rate:
- Make your requirements for a development team clear, accurate, and detailed;
- Do intensive research to choose the best team or entrust responsible recruiting professionals with this critical task;
- Consider applicants who have relevant tech experience and skills;
- Interview several potential teams to make the best choice for your company;
- Prepare and sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect the results of your cooperation.
Do you plan to expand your business to Romania and need a powerful and experienced software development team there? Save your time and effort on the search for the best IT talents since Staffing Partner can do that for you. Our company is a trusted leader in the international recruiting of IT specialists, with years of experience and an extensive database of potential candidates. Our team of professional recruiters will find software developers who will surely meet your business needs and goals. Do you want to find more information on how to do that? Fill out the contact form below, and our enthusiastically will contact you back.
We will help you hire IT candidates in Romania
It seems clear that Romania is a very promising market in terms of IT specialists and business development. There are enough qualified and experienced tech talents who can contribute to the success of any business, so without a doubt, it makes sense to consider the search for software development experts in Romania!
StaffingPartner is one of the best recruitment agencies helping companies hire IT candidates in Europe and the USA. With years of experience in the industry, StaffingPartner has built a reputation for providing high-quality staffing solutions to clients across various industries.
The key benefits of working with StaffingPartner
Moreover, finding a suitable candidate in a particular location is done by us on a day-to-day basis. One of the key benefits of working with StaffingPartner is our extensive network of IT professionals in Romania. They have a deep understanding of the local talent market and can connect you with qualified candidates with the right skills and experience to meet your needs.
In addition to recruitment services, StaffingPartner provides ongoing support to clients and candidates throughout employment. This includes onboarding and training support for new hires and constant communication and feedback to ensure that both parties are satisfied with the placement.
Yes, it is. This country offers lots of benefits for IT talents since there is a large selection of related jobs, the possibility to develop as a professional and get the necessary experience, as well as receive a competitive salary.
The easiest and fastest way to obtain the best and most skillful IT staff in Romania is to use the services of an IT recruiting company. The HR professionals of Staffing Partner will find the necessary experts with the respective set of skills to match the requirements of any tech position.
There are many advantages to making this decision since you will get access to a large pool of talents who have practical experience working in the world’s leading companies, with expertise in different programming languages, a good command of the English language, and a powerful tech base that can be developed easily.
The average hourly rate of a software developer in Romania ranges from $43 to $63. An average base salary of a software developer is around $40,000 a year. If you hire a software development team in Romania consisting of 5 tech talents, it may cost you around $200,000 a year.
5 Global IT Hiring Trends in 2023: Part №1
The global IT hiring market is expected to continue to grow in 2023, with demand for skilled IT professionals outpacing supply. According to a recent report by Gartner, global IT…read more
Outsourcing the HR Function for IT Industry & Tech Companies
It is relatively expensive and time-consuming to manage administrative tasks together with many other projects, especially if yours is a company that unites your in-house and offshore teams. Moreover, not…read more
How to Write a Job Description to Attract Top Tech Talent
In the highly competitive tech job market, simply posting a generic job description won’t cut it when it comes to attracting top IT talent. Write a job description that effectively…read more
You may also like
Developer VS. Programmer: What’s the Difference?
Commonly people get confused about IT concepts associated with developing various services, software, applications, programs, websites, and other digital utilities. To avoid mistakes, it is crucial to understand what kind…read more
Team Augmentation in Poland: Benefits and Market Overview
The Polish IT market is saturated with both local and foreign companies. The service and product areas are growing here, and a large number of new startups are emerging. It…read more
Revolutionize Your Hiring Process: Discover 5 Best Practices for Recruiting Software Developers
Recruiting software developers in 2023 is becoming increasingly challenging in today's competitive market. According to recent research conducted by Monster on a global scale, most employers (90%) face difficulties in…read more
Entire Impact of ChatGPT on Recruiting and Hiring IT Candidates
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a new chatbot developed by OpenAI, a company co-founded by Sam Altman, Reid Hoffman, Jessica Livingston, Musk, Ilya Sutskever, Peter Thiel, and others. The technology became…read more
8 Best Recruitment Podcasts in the World
Nelson Mandela once said that education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world. It’s important to continue your professional development throughout your life, and quality…read more
How To Hire Developers For Startups – A Definitive Guide
Hiring IT specialists for startups can be a tricky task. Startups are often operating on tight budgets and have limited resources, making it challenging to attract and retain top talent.…read more